H. E. KOUMBA Désiré
Ambassador of the Gabonese Republic in India
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Gabonese Republic to the Republic of India, from 4th, April 2008 (date of credentials) till date.
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Gabonese Republic to the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, with residence in New Delhi from 8th, June 2009(date of credentials) to December 2011.
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Gabonese Republic to the Holy See from10th October 2002(date of credentials) to April 2008.
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Gabonese Republic to the Order of Malta from17th, October 2003 (date of credentials) to 2008.
Embassy of Gabon in Germany: 1999 till 2002
- Chargé d’Affaires ad interim
- First Counsellor
Embassy of Gabon in France: 1994 till 1999
Counsellor in charge of relations with the “Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie”
(French-speaking institution based in Paris)
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Head of the United Nations Division. (1993 till 1994)
- Head of the Protocol Administration Division. (1991 till 1993)
- Joined the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in 1990 as “Conseiller des Affaires Etrangères”
Other professional experience:
- Lecturer at the National Administration School “ENA” (diplomatic section), Libreville from 1993 to 1994
- Lecturer, in the English Department at Omar Bongo University, Libreville: From 1990 to 1993
- Translator and Interpreter to the office of the President of the Gabonese Republic, and high rankingpersonalities such as Nelson Mandela, Sam Nujoma, Dalai Lama etc.
in the course of their official visitsto Gabon From 1987 to 1994
- Centre d’EtudesDiplomatiques et Stratégiques de Paris (France): Diplôme de 3ème cycle (Postgraduate Degree in Diplomacy)
- National Administration School, Gabon: Diplôme de Cycle A1 (Postgraduate Degree in diplomatic Studies)
- University of Salford, Manchester, England: Master of Arts in Translation and Interpreting
- EALING College of Higher Education, London, England: Bachelor of Arts (with honours) in Applied Language Studies
Lycéed’Etat de Franceville, Gabon: Baccalauréat A4.
- French = Excellent
- English = Excellent
- Italian = Average
Awards:Special honours awarded by the Holy See (Grand-Croix de l’Ordre de Pie IX) and the Order of Malta (Grand-Croix Pro MeritoMelitensi).
Date of Birth: 3rd February 1958
Civil Status: Married with Children